Top | Register | Preferences | Suggest Discussion | Discussion Policy | Log In

Discussion group:  Pot LuckTop   Discussion group:  Pot Luck Pot Luck    Discussion Topic: What Did You Think Of The Noon Recipe? What Did You Think Of The Noon Recipe?

next (older) discussion >>

Moderated by kelvind   Reply to this DiscussionAdd to this Discussion  
What Did You Think Of The Noon Recipe?
T O P I C Discussion Started: 03-09-2005, 1:26 PM Add to the Discussion
Q
U
E
S
T
I
O
N
After putting one of our noon recipes to the test, tell us how you feel about it. Was it good? Could it use an extra or different ingredient? Whatever your thoughts are, tell us which recipe it is and let us know how you feel about it.

View Messages: [newest first] | [oldest first]
KarenW9 07-22-2005, 10:29 PM Add to the Discussion
The mussel salad was terrific. Can't believe you got Biba back on TV. What a joy. I Wait for Tuesdays. Thanks for the opportunity to once agin get some great reciepes.

Murphys 07-12-2005, 4:27 PM Add to the Discussion
Today's recipe for Milano chicken looked great since it also included a tomato, etc. side dish. But the recipe was only for the main dish. Why not include the side dish as well?

catherineh48 06-24-2005, 9:37 PM Add to the Discussion
I think the noon receipes are a great idea and gives more ideas on how to expand our home menus and have fun and great food. Keep it up!

With regard, Cathy Hart

helenemw 06-24-2005, 3:20 PM Add to the Discussion
I'm going to try this tonight (Fagiolini con Pomedore) (or Green Beans with Tomatoes in Olive Oil) Besides the garlic, salt and pepper, I think I would add some sauteed onion bits.....

regards, Helenem - CLO

craftygirl 05-31-2005, 6:51 PM Add to the Discussion
Iam going to try the lam stew and may takeit ti thenext pot luck i go to.

let's kick it up!

Sherian45 04-23-2005, 9:05 AM Add to the Discussion
I just printed the Asparagus Ravioli recipe and would like to know the recipe for the fresh ravioli dough. This sounds very good. I'll let you know.

Children are not things to be molded but people to be unfolded

helenemw 04-19-2005, 4:34 PM Add to the Discussion
Fettuccini con shrimp and asparagus: Sounds very good to me. I think I would saute the asparagus for a couple of minutes, then add the 'raw' shrimp and saute before adding the cognac, cream and tomato sauce. The amount of tomato sauce to be added was not very clear to me. 1 can or 2 homemade cups? what size can? You could also make this recipe without the tomato sauce, just add more olive oil & butter and parmesan cheese.

regards, Helenem - CLO

PhillyDog 03-31-2005, 5:55 AM Add to the Discussion
They got it 'almost' right. The roll is just as important as the other ingredients. The 'proper' roll to use is made by the Amoroso bakery in Philadelphia. That roll has the consistency of a Kaiser roll, soft on the inside and firm on the outside. I've had lots of trouble finding these types of rolls here in Sacramento. This type of roll is also used to make Hoagies. When the roll is soft on the outside and the inside, the experience is totally different. It's just not the same sandwich(es). Ask anyone who grew-up in Philadelphia (like me, for instance). Also, Cheese Whiz is okay, and many folks request it, but I prefer provolone cheese on both the cheese-steaks and hoagies....and on the cheese-steak-hoagies. The sandwiches were created before we got to be health enthusiasts. But one once every two months or so shouldn't hurt too much. Talk about the ultimate decadence!

GlenCove 03-30-2005, 12:51 PM Add to the Discussion
Great! As a Pittsburgher (PA) the cheese is very, very optional. We use REAL swiss - cut the Whiz altogether (horse P__s) AND in Vallejo, we use a Sourdough 7-Grain roll! When cooking, we do NOT fry, - use only extra virgin olive oil, and saute with RED onions. Here it is: thin sliced steak, sauted on extra virgin olive oil with red onions and low fat swiss cheese only; place on a sourdough 7-grain roll with only balsamic vinegar dressing! Voila! Beats Philly every time!

Grammy

jt888 03-15-2005, 6:29 PM Add to the Discussion
Sounds delicious but no mention of how to finish chops. Fry, saute, bake?

Respectfully submitted, jt888

Page 1 of 1 << Prev Page | Next Page >>