Top | Register | Preferences | Suggest Discussion | Discussion Policy | Log In

Discussion group:  NewsTop   Discussion group:  News News    Discussion Topic: Leave Condolences For Cpl. Christopher Allen Dill Leave Condolences For Cpl. Christopher Allen Dill

<< previous (newer) discussion next (older) discussion >>

Moderated by oklnews   Reply to this DiscussionAdd to this Discussion  
Leave Condolences For Cpl. Christopher Allen Dill
T O P I C Discussion Started: 03-04-2009, 6:32 PM Add to the Discussion
Q
U
E
S
T
I
O
N
Oklahoma City Fire Department Cpl. Christopher Allen Dill died in the line of duty on March 4, shortly after collapsing at the scene of an apartment fire.

Share your memories of Dill and leave condolences on our message board.

View Messages: [newest first] | [oldest first]
wrecker77 03-06-2009, 4:59 PM Add to the Discussion
I like to send out my deepest sympathies to the family. I myself was a firefighter for 10 yrs in pennsylvania, before moving here to OKC. I presently live around the block from Station 25 and have on occassion had the opportunity to see your husband in the course of his duties. He will be sadly missed in this community and never forgotten.

Thank You,Shane Seiber

kayesims 03-05-2009, 5:58 PM Add to the Discussion
I know that nothing anyone says can make things easier right now but there are thousands of people lifting your family up. I have a son who is a Mustang Firefighter and I work in the Moore school system and I know that we are all keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers at this time.

With much loving sympathy,

Kaye Sims

clrb 03-05-2009, 11:50 AM Add to the Discussion
To the family of Cpl. Christopher Dill, I am a member of the Caddo Nation Wildland Firefighters of Oklahoma. The brotherhood of firefighters has suffered a great loss. I wish to express my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. It takes a special type of person to become a firefighter---- a person who is willing to put his own life in danger for the safety of others. My crew and I will keep you and your family in our prayers. Lance Ware, Caddo Nation Wildland Firefighter

Always Believe, Collette

MPkidsrus 03-04-2009, 11:17 PM Add to the Discussion
Julie My heart,thoughts and prayers are with you and your girls. You will be surounded by love from your family and friends. Let them help you it will help ease your pain and sorrow. Love Marilyn Kimzey

My Love and prayers are with you and your girls.

Tamanie T 03-04-2009, 11:04 PM Add to the Discussion
It takes a unique human being graced with Gods' glory to voluntarily place themselves in possible danger which could request the ultimate sacrifice of their life so that anothers can be saved. They live to honor, and protect which is NOT just a job to them but rather the very essence of their personality and defines their characteristics which they vividly express on a daily basis with all who have the priviledge to make their acquaintance. They never ask anything in return for their unselfish surrender to serve which threatens their mere survival beyond a 12 hour shift on any given day they report to work. When most of us report to work we never have to wonder if this is the day we could possibly leave our children parentless or our spouse alone to carry an unimaginable weight of grief. We too often complain about things we are faced with in our place of employment which are ridiculous when compared to what these public servants have to endure during their shifts like heat exhaustion, smoke intallation, possible burns are just to name a few. We pass them on the street never as so much as a thank you for what they do for us. However, what they deserve is to be respected as HEROS not only when a tragedy occurs and they take that last call to duty but each time you see their lights flashing with sirens sounding REMEMBER these are the men and women that CHOOSE to save you should you need them....Just as Cpl. Christopher Allen Dill did this day and he will never be forgotten by those who he served in the community of Oklahoma City. I pray Father strengthens and encourages his family daily by recalling his life through joyful memories of the generousity he shared with all. God Bless!

Tamanie Tuggle 801 N. Canadian Trails Norman, Oklahoma 73034

hippiedadd 03-04-2009, 10:41 PM Add to the Discussion
I am really sorrie to hear of this mans death since #25 is the fire station that would come to my house if i need them. as beening trained in Air Craft fire fighting, i fill i have lost a friend. When my father fell a few years ago #25 came to my dads house and helped him. i was thankfull for thier help. and met Mr. Dill he was a very nice man and im sure the City of Oklahma city will miss him. Thank you to all fire men and woman Ray

Page 1 of 1 << Prev Page | Next Page >>