Top | Register | Preferences | Suggest Discussion | Discussion Policy | Log In

Discussion group:  Small BusinessTop   Discussion group:  Small Business Small Business    Discussion Topic: Websites, Email Newsletters and More Websites, Email Newsletters and More

<< previous (newer) discussion next (older) discussion >>

Moderated by rex   Reply to this DiscussionAdd to this Discussion  
Websites, Email Newsletters and More
T O P I C Discussion Started: 08-16-2007, 10:45 AM Add to the Discussion
Q
U
E
S
T
I
O
N
How do you use the internet to advance your business?

View Messages: [newest first] | [oldest first]
Home Clear 04-08-2008, 2:52 PM Add to the Discussion
LEARN WHAT REALTORS KNOW FROM A LICENSED REAL ESTATE SCHOOL. Attend a full day "crash" real estate course. LEARN BY DOING everything you need to know to market & sell your home safely & successfully. Course content includes writing contracts, real estate law, effective marketing, successful advertising and ad writing.. and more!!! CLASS SIZE LIMITED SO WE CAN ADDRESS YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS

Saturday May 3, 2008 Holiday Inn Salem NH 9-4pm

Saturday May 10, 2008 Best Western Woburn MA 9-4pm

Friday May 16, 2008 Best Western Woburn MA

REGISTER ONLINE AT www.reref.net. $150PER PERSON

Hope to see you there!

Best Wishes Kenneth St Laurent

jjuliano 03-13-2008, 6:45 AM Add to the Discussion
I WAS EXCITED TO SEE A PLACE TO COMMUNICATE WITH SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS AND THEN AS I READ REALIZED THE LAST POSTED NOTE WAS IN OCT. PERHAPS WE CAN GET SOME COMMUNICATION GOING! I HAVE A MASSAGE BUSINESS IN STEUBENVILLE, OH. WE ARE HAVING A NATURAL HEALTH HAPPY HOUR THUR. MARCH 27TH 5PM AT THE STEUBENVILLE DELI 4TH AND MARKET. IT IS FREE. JOIN US! RSVP AS HEALTHY, DELICIOUS SNACKS WILL BE SERVED CALL JUDI JULIANO, GATEWAY TO WELLNESS 740-424-9312 OR DEBBIE GUILIANI 740-284-5520.

Judi

mikenale 03-10-2008, 7:54 PM Add to the Discussion
Help Wanted Hawaii Blog

Discussing employment and branding issues locally.

http://helpwantedhawaii.blogspot.com

Mike Nale

mike.nale@thebrandmanagementgroup.com

pgraphics 02-29-2008, 8:00 AM Add to the Discussion
I have had success with marketing my website to the local audience. The problem I most see is businesses build it but don't market it!

My advice is put the web address everywhere: business cards, vehicles, email signatures, voice mail.

Also one of the smartest things to do is get listed in Google Local. It's free and helps people find you. Yahoo local is the same. Google Local allows you to add pictures and coupons. Another great local based marketing site is merchantcirle.com.

I hope this helps all my readers!

Thanks,

Calvin Hanson www.pgraphics.biz

Martin98 11-07-2007, 3:53 PM Add to the Discussion
I have received thousands of long term visitors and it is all due to Email newsletters. I have used alot of companies to do this but have found that www.newsletters.ie are by far the most reliable and inexpensive.

Sincerely Marty

leftoverch 11-07-2007, 8:43 AM Add to the Discussion
I use the internet everyday for my business. I'm a web/UX designer, and in addition to my work for clients, I build my own sites.

The internet has been central not only to earning money - through advertising on my sites - but also to learn new technologies and best practices (both in design and technical standards).

It's also crucial to vetting out candidates for positions - if they say they've done it, I want to see it. That might be somewhat unique, being that I work in web design, but the easy and rapid access to information has allowed me to be able to tell a client - more often than not - "I can do that." Whether or not I know how to at the moment, I know the resources are available for me to learn what I need to learn to get the job done.

Niduncan 10-05-2007, 2:13 PM Add to the Discussion
I use the internet in my business almost exclusively. I am able to reach national and international clients through the Web. I am not limited to a localized area or geographical region for new business.

Using the internet is almost a "green" practice. By sending documents through emails or listservs, companies are able to communicate effectively quickly and with little effort in regards to business matters. Through messenger services (such as AOL and Skype) we are able to speak with our clients real-time and handle any urgent matters that may arise.

Without the internet, my business would not run efficiently or be as profitable.

Warmest Regards,

Nicco Duncan Founder + CEO A Perfect Plan www.APerfectPlan.net 770-592-1541

katysitter 09-12-2007, 5:48 PM Add to the Discussion
I list on craigslist since it is free. I also have found many clients thru the HOA newsletters that go to all houses in particular subdv. I hate getting emails so I don't send any out myself.

Johanna Mills Helping Hands of Katy

jimsteele 08-26-2007, 10:56 PM Add to the Discussion
This is interesting - this guy paid to create an entire website for a single house. Its pretty well done too - check it out:

http://www.wpbforsale.com - West Palm Beach Condo for Rent / Sale Lease Option

Thanks, Ryan

Page 3 of 3 << Prev Page | Next Page >>