Top | Register | Preferences | Suggest Discussion | Discussion Policy | Log In

Discussion group:  SportsTop   Discussion group:  Sports Sports    Discussion Topic: How do you feel about the Avs' trade for defenseman Rob Blake? How do you feel about the Avs' trade for defenseman Rob Blake?

<< previous (newer) discussion next (older) discussion >>

Moderated by dennews   Reply to this DiscussionAdd to this Discussion  
How do you feel about the Avs' trade for defenseman Rob Blake?
T O P I C Discussion Started: 02-22-2001, 5:33 PM Add to the Discussion
Q
U
E
S
T
I
O
N
Avalanche GM Pierre Lacriox pulled off another blockbuster trade, this time bringing all-star defenseman Rob Blake to Colorado from the L.A. Kings. Promising young forward Steve Reinprecht also was dealt to Colorado.

Blake is a strong defensive force who can also score goals. In 1998, Blake won the Norris Trophy as the league's best defenseman. Reinprecht was a star at the University of Wisconsin, and has shown good goal-scoring ability as a rookie with the Kings.

In the trade, the Avs gave up popular players Adam Deadmarsh and Aaron Miller, a first round draft pick, and future considerations. Other Colorado players were stunned by the news, and upset by the loss of Deadmarsh and Miller.

Was this a good trade? Has Lacroix ensured a Colorado Stanley Cup, or has he ruined the chemistry of a team that was already an odds-on favorite to win it all? Did Colorado give up too much to get a player that will be an un-restricted free agent next season?

Share your thoughts!

View Messages: [newest first] | [oldest first]
guitarizt 02-23-2001, 12:03 PM Add to the Discussion
I am not happy at all with this trade. Blake is an outstanding player but the Avs and the community are losing two great guys. Adam Deadmarsh has to uproot his family (2 newborn daughters still in the hospital) and Aaron Miller was just a great guy. I know that this has always been part of their business but I feel strongly about a group of guys who play well as a TEAM! They made it this far and have the best record in the NHL as a team didn't they? Why not keep a great bunch of guys together that excel as a team? They deserved to complete the final stretch of the 2000-20001 season after contributing so much.

Colorado Native

n5xtg 02-26-2001, 4:11 PM Add to the Discussion
First off this is a business and trades will always cause a problem for families that have settled into a location. Second, this has to be the BEST trade decision of any manager (of any team) in the past several years. The Avs and Colorado are ready for another Stanley Cup and the only way you win hockey games is with DEFENSE AND GOAL TENDING! PERIOD! We have all of that now with Blake, Forsberg, Sakic, Hejduk and of course Patrick Roy and the rest of the team. Enough said. Thansks.

Patrick Roy Estes Park, CO

BigAvsFan 03-09-2001, 1:22 PM Add to the Discussion
Do I think this was good trade? Absolutely! By signing Blake, the Avs have added strength to their defense, which some say was their weakest point. I hated to see Miller and Deadmarsh go, but Blake's arrival has sparked the team to a whole new level of play. Their chances of winning the cup are better than ever.

Although Blake is a big name defenseman, let's not forget about guys like Klemm, DeVries, Skoula, and the others, who work hard day in and day out protecting Roy. They may not get the attention like Blake and Bourque do, but you can count on them every night they are on the ice.

The trade was a great move, but I still think they would have won the cup without him.

bubbles_40 06-10-2001, 8:00 PM Add to the Discussion
Well i really really loved adam deadmarsh so at first i didn't really like the trade but as the rest of the season and playoffs went on i thought that the trade was a good thing. but i still miss adam!

rainman77 10-08-2003, 12:53 AM Add to the Discussion
I still think we lost a good one in Deadmarsh, and maybe that is gonna be part of the reason Forsberg jumps ship.

Blake aint that great. Not from what I have seen.

sincerly, Rainman

Page 1 of 1 << Prev Page | Next Page >>