Top | Register | Preferences | Suggest Discussion | Discussion Policy | Log In

Discussion group:  NewsTop   Discussion group:  News News    Discussion Topic: Kitty Confinment Kitty Confinment

<< previous (newer) discussion next (older) discussion >>

Moderated by dennews   Reply to this DiscussionAdd to this Discussion  
Kitty Confinment
T O P I C Discussion Started: 03-09-2008, 4:49 PM Add to the Discussion
Q
U
E
S
T
I
O
N
What do you think about the plan to ban cats from wondering outdoors? Should they be confined to a person's home, or allowed to wander free?

View Messages: [newest first] | [oldest first]
Kutter 11-17-2008, 9:57 PM Add to the Discussion
While I think that yes, your cat should be confined indoors, there's really no need to spend taxpayer money on it. HOWEVER, if something happens to your cat outside you have nothing to blame besides your gross negligence of your animal, and if I found that your cat caused me any property damage you WILL be paying for it before you get your cat back. And no, cats don't "keep the natural balance of things", they kill because it's moving and they can. Many cats won't even bother to eat what they kill. Cats are one of the main threats to native birds and other wildlife in any area.

Ignorance: the world's biggest killer

karidrgn 05-22-2008, 1:08 PM Add to the Discussion
I keep my cats indoors in order to prevent them from being hit by a car, attacked by a dog or otherwise hurt like 3 of my previous cats were. For those who say cats are part of the natures balance: Not domestic cats. Studies show that they do a real number on birds particularly song birds, dropping normal numbers drastically. I'm of two minds about forcing people to keeps cats confined. While better for the cats, neighbors and birds, I don't like another law mandated peoples lives.

Kari

jbollen 05-13-2008, 12:32 PM Add to the Discussion
yeah, i hate cats

steviewagn 03-11-2008, 10:09 AM Add to the Discussion
Leave it to Boulder to come up with an idea like this. Mice and Birds are prey, if they aren't hunted by natural predators, they will then be the next problem..as they multiply rapidly.

Steve

robhan25 03-11-2008, 8:51 AM Add to the Discussion
Scary to think THIS is what lawmakers are sooo concerned about. And they think dying a dog pink is inhumane? Leave it to Boulder!!

Be well robhan25

swroemer 03-11-2008, 7:25 AM Add to the Discussion
We have such a law in Ft. Collins, and it's working. Although we don't have 100% compliance, MOST cats are confined to their yards or houses. With the law in place, if a cat becomes a nuisance, Animal Control can ticket the owner and/or take the animal to a shelter.

Lulu8 03-11-2008, 6:02 AM Add to the Discussion
I completely agree. You cannot control a cat, they are wild and could possible disrupt another person?s peace and therefore should be confined to the owners house. Furthermore I am tired of hearing about dogs that have bitten people, seeing them in stores and hearing them bark. They are disruptive to another person?s peace and should therefore be confined to the owner?s house. Finally your kids are noisy, walk through other people?s yards causing damage and their balls are constantly landing in other people?s yard. They are a disturbance to another person?s peace and should therefore be confined to the owner?s home. I hope these laws will be passed soon so all the ?bubble people? can come out of their seclusion and enjoy the outdoors free any noise or disturbance.

** I am entertaining future legislation that would also ban your radio, car, lawnmower and shoes as they are all noisy and disrupt the peace of homeowners.

(ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! IS THIS REALLY WHERE WE ARE HEADING??? HAPPINESS DOES NOT MEAN CONTROLING EVERYTHING!!)

whozethere 03-11-2008, 1:25 AM Add to the Discussion
What idiots! Do they not know that cats are a natural part of keeping balance? Cats eat rodents and keep the snake population at bay. Guess, they would prefer snakes and rats!

whozethere

hairbowcj 03-10-2008, 11:11 PM Add to the Discussion
I'd like to know what this guy is smoking! There are better ways to spend tax payer money.

PHIL H. 03-10-2008, 4:30 PM Add to the Discussion
WE HAVE WAR, CHILD ABUSE, HEALTH CARE, ETC. AND THIS IS WHAT WE WASTE OUR TIME DISCUSSING. IT IS A NON-ISSUE.

philpam5

Page 1 of 1 << Prev Page | Next Page >>