Top | Register | Preferences | Suggest Discussion | Discussion Policy | Log In

Discussion group:  NewsTop   Discussion group:  News News    Discussion Topic: Immigration Rallies Immigration Rallies

<< previous (newer) discussion next (older) discussion >>

Moderated by c3knews   Reply to this DiscussionAdd to this Discussion  
Immigration Rallies
T O P I C Discussion Started: 05-01-2007, 6:45 PM Add to the Discussion
Q
U
E
S
T
I
O
N
What are your thoughts about the rallies calling for changes to U.S. immigration policies? Should there be comprehensive immigration reform, which includes a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants?

View Messages: [newest first] | [oldest first]
altahca 09-30-2007, 12:35 PM Add to the Discussion
how many billions of dollars are the illegal immigrants costing tax payers every year? too much is how much. so why not use that money and send them all back. food stamps, medical assistance, money is how they are rewarded for breaking the law. its time tax payers get tax breaks by not having to pay for law breakers anymore.

alfalira 09-28-2007, 2:17 AM Add to the Discussion
Jesus Boy! you're the first openminded american I know about this subject. you're totally right, bucareli treaties were signed on 1923, for a long term of 75 years, and even worse: leadlined by a secrecy clause for all mexican citizen, and more: renewable for more 50 years and each time the debt is rescheduled. I'd like to change some info about it if you can. thanks

Alfa Lira

migs21 08-15-2007, 8:02 AM Add to the Discussion
Such anger, such resentment. Just what is your point. Stuff in the past does not justify the future. Mexico has had many chances to raise the incomes of the people within the country. They have chosen instead to do the same they have done in the past. Greed for money through the drug cartels, corrupt police enforcement, poor economic planning, sparse funds for infrastructure, poor management of funds to agriculture, on and on. To use the United States as the EXCUSE of why Mexico is so bad and so poor is a cop out. The Government of Mexico has had its chances and so have the people. Blaming the U.S. isn't going to make it better. The fence will be built, more police will be at the boarder, and the employers will learn that hiring illegal aliens at cheap labor costs will not be worth the fines and jail time they will get. I recommend that anyone who feels Mexico is such a bad place, go back there, make a stand and CHANGE the way the Government does business. Fight for your country, if you believe in it. Just don't bash the country that allows you to use up its resources in health care, education, and taxes.

Freedom Always Lars

camtep 07-31-2007, 3:30 PM Add to the Discussion
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT ALL OF US KNOW THE HISTORICAL FACTS OF INMIGRATION ALL ALONG THE A M E R I C A N CONTINENT. You should know that Mexico was the mecca of investors from the 16th century to the beginning of the 20th century. This stopped being so because a revolution was supported in order to disrupt the economy of Mexico and all the money from Europe moved from Mexico to the USA. After that in 1914 the new president of mexico was obligated to sign an agreement know as the BUCARELI AGREEMENT, in this treaty Mexico was obligated not to have nothing to do with SCIENCE,TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY until 1999 under the threat of invasion by the neighbour in the north.(It had to be done because mexico had lost 12 million of its citizens in a war that lasted 12 years. Mexico's money was worth a lot before that war 2 dollars per 1 mexican gold peso! The USA didnot expected taht the population of Mexico was going to grow so much in the later part of the 20th century. The population in 1921 was barely 10 million by the 1970 ---40 million by 2007 is 125 million if you are under such kind of treaty how can you supply for your people. IN A FEW WORDS THE USA CARVED THE PATH FOR ALL THE 43 MILLION OF UNEMPLOYED IN MEXICO PLUS THE 50 OR 60 MILLION OF CENTRAL AMERICANS THAT ARE EVEN IN A WORST SITUATION. NOW WITH THE CURRENT ROLE THAT CHINA HAS TAKEN IN THE ECONOMIC WORLD WITH ITS CEAP LABOR AND LOW INCOME WAY OF LIFE IT IS HARD TO COMPETE WITH, SPECIALLY WITH ALL THE MONEY FROM EUROPE LEAVING THE USA AND GOING STRAIGTH TO CHINA IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THE USA NEEDS MORE LABORS AT A CHEAPER RATE TO SUSTAIN ITS ECONOMY AND THE AGING OF THE USA.THE POPULATION OF MEXICO IS YOUNGER THAN THE ONE HERE IN THE USA THE AVERAGE AGE IS 28 YRS OLD WHILE THE USA A IS 48. GET THE POINT. NOW WE SHOULD LEARN SOMETHING FORM THE BIGGEST DEMOCRATIC IN THE WORLD, "INDIA". THEY HAVE OVER 200 LANGUAGES IN THEIR COUNTRY AND THAT DOESNOT MEAN THAT ONE IS LESS PATRIOTIC THAN THE OTHER, IS THE "ONLY COUNTRY THAT HAS ACHIVED INDEPENDENCE W I T H O U T VIOLENCE. WE NEED EACH OTHER THE OWNERS OF THE BUSSINES AND MONEY HAVE TAKEN THAT DECISION FOR US AND THERE IS ONLY ONE REASONABLE AND PEACEFULL THING TO DO EMBRACE ALL CULTURES, ALL PEOPLES AND TONGUES AND BE ONE IN PURPOSE. THAT PURPOSE SHOULD BE PEACE, CULTURAL ENRICHMENT AND PROSPERITY FOR ALL.

best regards jesus

Marcus-X 07-21-2007, 11:00 AM Add to the Discussion
geez.. I have a lot of thoughts on this issue.. hard to put it all into words. I applied for a job.. nice job, supervisor position. I didn't get it.. why? because i couldn't speak Spanish..Another story, nice restaurant.. like going there.. Suddenly the food changes.. why? because the Mexican cooking staff all quit because one was caught drinking on the job and fired.. They all walked out.. Their loyalty is to their country (HELLO, MEXICO) and to each other. I understand the better life thing.. i know several illegals who are hard workers and pretty decent people.. but THEY ARE ILLEGALS! Not "undocumented," not "freedom seekers" just plain old illegal aliens. If i might add, to you people who fly mexican flags and proudly proclaim you are Mexican, if YOUR' nation is so great then why not live there? By the way, when i was interviewing for the job i couldn't have i saw a sign. It was in Spanish. I have taken language courses to decipher what it said... It was a Mexican flag and below it was this...

"Yesterday Mexico, Tomorrow the United States"

nice.

Marcus-X

migs21 07-19-2007, 3:08 PM Add to the Discussion
I sense anger here. I did try, but still I do not understand your point and what difference it makes as to what the Puritans did in 1620-1640 relationship to this issue.

Freedom Always Lars

Realityche 07-17-2007, 10:12 PM Add to the Discussion
Just take a look in the mirror.

migs21 07-17-2007, 2:52 PM Add to the Discussion
Funny, don't believe that there were Immigration laws at that time. Your point is what?

Freedom Always Lars

Realityche 07-12-2007, 10:09 PM Add to the Discussion
Didn't the Puritans come into North America illegally?

migs21 06-29-2007, 8:36 AM Add to the Discussion
After the vote on Immigration yesterday, the President of Mexico, Calderon, had this to say;

"The American economy could not prosper or advance without the labor of both Mexican and Central American migrants".

My response is this...President Calderon, Without the United States and the economic and financial help we provide, your country would continue to live in the stone age.

The fact that 10 % of your population needs to work in the United states, with at least 11 million of them illegal, says tons about your country and it's management.

Freedom Always Lars

Page 1 of 3 << Prev Page | Next Page >>