Top | Register | Preferences | Suggest Discussion | Discussion Policy | Log In

Discussion group:  NewsCenter5 NewsTop   Discussion group:  NewsCenter5 News NewsCenter5 News    Discussion Topic: Should Citgo Sign Be Changed? Should Citgo Sign Be Changed?

<< previous (newer) discussion

Moderated by bosnews   Reply to this DiscussionAdd to this Discussion  
Should Citgo Sign Be Changed?
T O P I C Discussion Started: 09-22-2006, 6:36 AM Add to the Discussion
Q
U
E
S
T
I
O
N
A Boston city councilor said he thinks the city should change the well-known Citgo sign in Kenmore Square to an image of the American flag because of remarks made by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez before the United Nations.

Chavez called President George W. Bush "the Devil" in a speech.

Citgo is the U.S.-based refining arm of Venezuela's state-run oil company.

What do you think? Should the Citgo sign be changed? Stay the same? Why or why not?

View Messages: [newest first] | [oldest first]
brocktonmf 12-15-2006, 1:27 PM Add to the Discussion
Take down the sign - put up a statue of liberty - or something with a bit of meaning and perhaps a dash of dignity - why anyone would care about a neon corporate logo is beyond me- fogetaboutit

Peace

allegro69 12-14-2006, 6:03 AM Add to the Discussion
"Like it or not the CITGO sign is almost a historic landmark"

ALMOST is an appropriate word. Long before the Citgo sign, was the green and white Cities Service sign. Now that's HISTORIC to us old fogies. 8-)

Veteran22 10-31-2006, 6:03 PM Add to the Discussion
If ya do change it; put up a B I G A M E R I C A N F L A G ! :}

nuff said.

prvtcitizn 10-25-2006, 9:12 PM Add to the Discussion
I have now been boycotting Citgo since this announcement,

Remember people, go to places with ETHANOL, wait for the E85, its coming!

(bleep) Citgo.

kmj 10-20-2006, 4:01 PM Add to the Discussion
Absolutely, change the sign to a U.S. comnpany. We have tolerated enough disrespect.

Fisherman3 10-18-2006, 10:04 AM Add to the Discussion
Yes! The Citgo sign should absolutely be changed!!!

I would like to see it covered, as has already been suggested, with a large American Flag. I would not personally like to see the sign go altogether, since it's been part of the Boston skyline for so long.

However, when the people of Venezuela finally come around to electing an American-friendly president of their country, then the Citgo sign could make a reappearance.

pdaniels 10-05-2006, 4:21 PM Add to the Discussion
Yes then invade Venezuela

Bomb the hell outta the place

Because they probably are hiding those WMD no one can find

Rebuild the place AID, AID AID so its people will love us

And Hey George Dubya Bush is not the devil a moron but not the devil.

Give it a rest just shut the damn thing off till we need there oil then plug it back in again

Have a nice night America

learjet9 10-03-2006, 1:17 PM Add to the Discussion
Yes, it should be changed immediately!!

annabar 10-01-2006, 10:01 PM Add to the Discussion
It absolutely should go BLACK! It is deplorable that the Argentinian president gets away with hate towards ANY American! Like our President or not HE is running our Country. If we allow CITGO to be flashing in our faces we are not standing up for our country. We really should only promote GOOD business that helps promote the American way.

TDKay 09-30-2006, 4:26 PM Add to the Discussion
Mr. Chavez and Mr. Bush are both Great idiots. The question should be which one should GO First. The sign has no meaning.

Merci boucu,

Page 1 of 12 << Prev Page | Next Page >>